habla español?

Um, no. I don't think the people at the school believed me when i said i knew absolutely no spanish. They somehow thought when I said none, that what I really meant to say was that I understood a little. I started out class this morning with a few other people so they could assess me. I think they learned quickly that I was telling the truth about knowing nothing. I wonder if it must be painful to teach somebody like me. Because I'm the only beginner starting this week, I get private lessons. It's probably a good thing. This way I only embarass myself in front of my teacher, not other students. I can still pretend that I'm cool in front of the students.

After my spanish lesson, I had a chat with the owner of the school. She was more than excited to hear that I was a lesbian. The schools website mentions that it is queer friendly, but they've apparently only had gay men. So, she's giving me info on the scene here. And she wants to set me up with someone. I think that's pretty funny, but I'm not so sure... However, it is wonderful to meet lesbians in this city and learn that there is a scene. It makes me look forward to the next couple of months even more.

When I left the spanish school I planned to take a long walk and check out the Botanical Gardens. In the middle of that long walk there were several shoe stores. There were also several small clothing stores with wonderful tank tops. And then there happened to be a coffee shop with air conditioning. I never made it to the Botanical Gardens. I think I maybe acting out with all of this shopping that I'm doing. Part of it is that everything is cheap, though it's not so cheap when you buy everything. The other part of it is that I've been wearing the same 2 shirts for the past 5 months, and I am so incredibly sick of them. I'm on a rampage to have a whole new wardrobe that consists of more than two shirts. So far, so good.

No comments: