All things BsAs

Every other tile on the sidewalk is broken with high potential for danger for jandal-laden feet. All of the subway stations have televisions in them, mostly playing 30 seconds of pop music videos very loudly. The bus drivers hardly stop for you to get on and off the bus. You have got to be ready, no pussyfooting or you'll be in serious trouble. In my very very concrete urban neighborhood there are about 5 places to buy lawn-mowers. There are no lawns within any vicinity of my neighborhood. Kids here have the whole selling things on subway trains down. They walk up and down selling notepads, flashy light thingies, toys, anything. Kids here also have the whole selling things anywhere they possibly can down. Eating inside or outside of a restaurant there's usually at least one kid that will pop in with their box of whatever. I haven't stopped in any dogshit yet, which is some sort of miracle. I'm sure that when time comes I'll be in jandals though.

On a completely different note, living with boys sucks. I know that it's person specific and all, but right now it's 3 boys and no good. They don't know how to dry off before they get out of the shower. They got out and get the floor soaking wet, so the next person can walk in with their shoes on get it all muddy. They leave used floss in on the bathroom counter. Gross. I don't know them well enough to deal with seeing used floss. They assume that I am not a red wine drinker and that the bottle of red wine on the kitchen counter must be theirs because it's been there for a few days. They also have heart to heart talks with each other that make me want to die. Boys are weird.

3 comments:

mishmish said...

you are too cute sam! boys are weird and i have never understood the mystical place that boy hygenie exsists in. so happy to have only had to live with one boy since my brother moved out of the parents. granted michael was more girl than the rest of us, so he really doesnt count.

keep up the stories!

mishmish said...

wow that would be "Hygiene" .... i should really learn to spell better...

Anonymous said...

After years of living in an all-female household (just my mother and three sisters), I ventured to Ireland for six months to study. I was placed in campus housing. I found myself living with four men. They were adorable and spoke with lovely Irish accents, but their habits took some getting used to. I would wake up at 3am to the smell of frying meat, soon to be devoured by "pissed" (drunk) boys with smiles on their faces. Very strange behavior I thought. Of course, at that time, men were still very much a mystery to me. I was what you would call a late bloomer.

Good Luck with your roommates, Samanthia. Hey, at least they floss. Their dentists would be appreciative.

I take it they don't know about your Blog?