Jardin Botanico

Now that I'm fully recovered from my weekend, I'm back out and exploring the city. Yesterday I took a trip to the botanical gardens. I saw some great gardens in Australia, and I had high hopes for the gardens here. My first impression of the garden was that it was a little sparse. As I wandered around I saw some trees, some plants, some statues, some cats. And then I saw some cats, some cats and some more cats. I saw an old glass house with some broken windows that some cats were crawling in. I usually like wandering in greenhouses and checking out all the plants, but I wasn't so sure with all those cats. So, I skipped that. And what did I see when instead? Some other cats. At first it was just one cat here and there, then there were like 5 or 6 cats together and then they were everywhere. Seriously, everywhere. I was dodging them on the path. I've never been so creeped out by a garden. I ended up rushing through and couldn't stop thinking about how horrified I would be if I were trapped in there at night. Gives me the chills.

Last night I had my second tango class. It went very well. A girl took me aside and gave me a private lesson of the basic step, and now I'm catching on. It makes a whole lot more sense when you the basics. I'm good until I have to give leading a go. But I avoid that at all costs. Just as last week, I stayed after class for some drinks and pizza talking with a couple of Argentinian girls. I think I may be starting to make some friends here, which is just what I wanted.

1 comment:

mishmish said...

sounds like you visited a garden of kitties... that could be cute and cuddly but your description makes it sound like the opening to a bad horror film...

sounds like you are in a really good place and having a fantastic time. keep posting!

t&j