My day started out absolutely brilliant today. I ditched my roommates in the morning and opted to take the subte instead of a taxi. The taxis here are cheap, but it's about 3 times more than the subte, and I think I should be saving money wherever I can. And I don't particularly like taking taxis everywhere. Really not for me. So, I had a coffee and went into the estación to wait for la trene. I was sneezing like crazy, and the woman next to me asked if I had allergies. Now, normally this would be nothing. However, she asked and I understood. I was even able to reply to her. We continued to have a whole conversation en español while waiting for the train. Mind you, it was a little botched, but I actually understood her and she actually understood me. I was and still am totally amazed. It was the confidence booster I needed. Yesterday I was feeling how hard this was not being able to communicate, and today I feel like I am more than capable of making it happen. Feels good.

I have a tango class tonight again. It's the same one I went to last time. I am going to try to take more classes starting this week. The same teacher may come to my spanish school and teach some classes. They'd be pretty small classes, so it would be pretty cool. But I think I'm going to look into some other tango schools also. They're everywhere so I shouldn't have a problem. I'll just have to start dancing with boys.

No comments: