Normal?

I went out to dinner tonight with my German roommate Peter, and things were back to normal. I asked for a menĂº, and the waiter brought it. I ordered my food, no questions were asked and I got what I wanted. I asked for the bill, the waiter told me how much, and I understood. So, I am not crazy and the waiter that I had at lunchtime is. I feel much better. I also ate lunch at the same time that locals do, which is like 10:00 pm. I've been trying to go out for dinner later and later each day. When I went out at 8:00 I would be the only one in a restaurant. Tonight going out at 10:00 there were actually waits. I have to wonder what time these people go to bed when they are eating this late. I'm convinced that their 8 hours of sleep are broken up between the early morning hours and an afternoon siesta, or they simply catch up on missed sleep during the week on Saturday and Sunday when things don't seem to open until afternoon. Slowly, but truly I'm adjusting to how these people live. Though I do think it's a little crazy.

No comments: