Walk, sleep, walk, sleep

This morning I checked out of my hotel and moved into my apartment. It's amazing that one month in the apartment cost just slightly more than 2 nights in a hotel. Isn't that disgusting? It's great to be in the apartment. I put all of my clothes in the wardrobe and my books on a shelf. I'm more at home than I've been in months. I had lunch with my new roommates, took a long nap through the hottest part of the day and headed back out into the city.

Today I explored San Telmo a bit more, Defensa and got just over into La Boca. I keep running into amazing art everywhere. I'm going to rework my budget to incorporate purchases somehow... My neighborhood (San Telmo) is filled to the brim with all of these crazy antique shops. Some of the stuff looks like absolute junk, but for the most part it's pretty cool. On Sundays they have a huge antiques market, or so I hear, and I will definetly check it out tomorrow. I have to figure out when to go though. People don't seem to get moving here until late in the day. They party too hard all night long. Defensa has all sorts of fun little shops, art galleries and cafés. I really didn't get to see much of La Boca, but I think I'll head back tomorrow. At first I got sidetracked by a market (I just can't resist the markets..), but then I got sidetracked again by a rock show in the park. The band playing was pretty good. Of course I had no idea what they were saying, but who listens to lyrics anyway? So, I stayed and listened to them for quite a while. I was trying to figure out the crowd, but I couldn't quite do it. I have a hard time telling peoples ages here. The younger ones in the crowd were doing some sort of moshing something or other. I alsmost wanted to tell them that moshing is sort of over and that the music wasn't really the moshing sort anyway. But they were happy, and if I really wanted to tell them I wouldn't be able to anyway.

No comments: