Buenos Aires

So, I'm finally in Buenos Aires. It only took two days or something like that... My flights got off to a great start when the 10 year old in front of me flung his seat back so fast that I got smacked in the head. But I don't mind so much because I slept nearly the whole flight to LA. I have to say it was a little strange to be back in the states, even though it was for such a short amount of time. While I´ve been gone I´ve made a very conscious effort not to support American companies and suddenly I was faced with all American companies, and I was hungry so I supported them. It felt strange though. In LAX everyone was speaking loud and yakking away on their cell phones. I did not miss that one bit. But by the time I got to Miami things weren´t feeling very American anymore. It was a good way to ease into Argentina. I think it´s likely that there are more spanish speakers in Miami than english speakers. I did have one moment of panic in Miami when they called my name over the loud speaker to come the desk. I was terrified that I fucked up some visa requirement and they were going to break my little heart tell ing me I couldn't get on the plane. Luckily, that was just my imagination and they only needed to look at my passport.

And so I´m in Buenos Aires. So far I love it. I have no idea what anybody is saying so I´m spending a lot my time smiling as I say "no entiendo." I think I should learn how to say "I´m starting spanish classes on Monday," so I don´t feel so bad as we struggle to communicate. Tomorrow I´m venturing into the city to find a spanish school. I've got my eye on one that offers tango lessons of the queer variety. Very interesting... In other news the key boards here are different and you'll have to excuse my typos. And now I´m off to get some much needed sleep. Buenas noches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if it is the smile in the photo im sure there are no issues